Sunday, April 1, 2012

KTLA 5



KTLA 5, the number one morning news station in Southern California, at least that's what we've been promoting this fiscal quarter.  I used to drive by the news station all the time as a kid, right off Sunset and the 101 freeway, little did I know I'd be interning there one day.  

I wake up at around 2:45 a.m., get ready and must be in the newsroom at 3:40 a.m. to edit scripts for the 4:00 a.m. anchors in the studio.  After editing scripts and making sure there are no errors, I print out 4 copies (2 for the anchors and 2 for the spanish translators) and literally run them over to the studio before we go live at the top of every hour.  The fun doesn't stop there.

After coming back from running the scripts there are still developing stories that are being written as the newscast is going on, and guess who gets to run them throughout the hour? Me.  As I'm editing scripts for the next newscast at the top of the hour, I also have to make sure that if a writer needs help on writing a story or adding photos I'm there to do it. It's controlled chaos.

There's never a dull moment in the newsroom, and rightfully so, we're in Los Angeles.  There's always news to cover, celebrities to interview, and SIG alerts to report. So tune in, to KTLA morning news with Chris Schauble and Megan Henderson.  KTLA news: Get Connected.  Oh yeah, and you can catch a glimpse of me on dance party Friday at 8:50 a.m. on that big yellow number up there.

Here's yesterday's (Warning: "The Robot" was utilized for maximum partying): 

--JP

Photo Credit: Me

No comments:

Post a Comment