Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Stan the Man


SUPERHEROES DON'T often reveal their true identity, but in Hollywood, it's hard to stay hidden.  I met the man, the myth, the legend, Mr. Stan Lee.  For those that don't know him, Mr. Lee is the creator of Spiderman, The Hulk, X-Men, and Iron Man to name a few. 
I met him on the set of my internship a couple weeks ago; he was promoting his new comic book, "The Mighty 7", the world's first reality comic book — it stars fictional superpowered characters, of course, but also Archie head Jon Goldwater and "Stan the Man" himself. As I was anxiously watching his interview in the reception room I was running through all the questions I wanted to ask him: "How did you start writing?", "Who was your biggest inspiration?" "What drives you to keep writing?"
As I saw more and more "fans"(my coworkers) trickle in to the small reception room I came to the realization that I'd probably have to cut it down to one question and quick pic.  So as he came out of his interview, I mustered up the courage to ask a lifelong hero for a picture, and he happily agreed.  As we were posing for the photo, I asked him, "Any advice for an aspiring writer?"  He grabbed my shoulder, looked me square in the eye, and chuckled, "Write my boy!"

--Julian

Photo Credit: Heidi (Coworker)


No comments:

Post a Comment