Sunday, March 4, 2012

Waves of Wonder in Downtown Los Angeles


WHENEVER I travel to downtown Los Angeles I am always hoping to drive by the Walt Disney Concert Hall. This building takes my breath away every time I see it and it is probably my favorite building in the city. My husband and I were recently downtown and even though we were going the The Lady of the Angels cathedral, which is another extraordinary building, I made him stop and take a picture of the Concert Hall. The picture is a quick shot on an iPhone and yet it captures the wonder that is this building. It looks perfect and as if if should be part of an ad for something. Built by Frank Gehry in 1999 this building exemplifies Los Angeles to me, it is a gorgeous piece of architecture something that might come for another world or movie and it looks like waves. Even in downtown where the ocean is not, Gehry brought the ocean to downtown and I love it.

--Mickala Jauregui
Photo credit: Matthew Jauregui via his iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment